Saturday, March 19, 2011

MAC_Week3_Publishing_Leadership_Project_Part1of2:Digital_Storytelling


Image by Mohammad Janga

I'm thinking out loud here so don't judge the content too harshly, but please read the excitement for this whole idea! My action research subject is Digital Storytelling and you won't find anyone more convinced about its ability to teach 21st century skills and create a culture within the classroom than me. I think the best choice for this project would be to present it rather than trying to have an article published about it. Actually, I'm very excited about the idea of presenting it to others. In fact, I just presented it as a workshop for college faculty at SUNY Orange, where I teach Digital Photography. I've been thinking about this process for about a week now and going through the resources provided by Dr. Bedard. The thought of presenting it makes me rather nervous because I have never before presented on such a stage, however it's very interesting that it is also this month that we are reading "The Art of Possibility" by Benjamin Zander and Rosamund Stone. I feel more fearless for reading this book and I'm more excited than anything about the possibility of what could potentially happen. The conferences at which I would love the opportunity to present would be:

Educause

Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education, Portugal

Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo and Conference

Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education, Hawaii

1 comment: